The history of the "New Castle" goes back to 1700 when a belvedere - built in French Baroque Style on the slopes of the Belpberg in the community of Gerzensee - was raised by Samuel Morlot. Over the centuries, several noble Swiss families owned the property. The Swiss National Bank acquired this manor house in 1980. Four years later, the Study Center Gerzensee was created, and the first courses took place in 1986. For more information about the history of the Center, please consult our brochure (only in German available).